Wednesday, February 26, 2014

a troublesome bridge life for a Troll

For the topic of epic adventures I've seen the movie the Hobbit but haven't read the book. However I've also seen spoilers as to what differences the movie had compared to what the book had. So instead I decided to read a different tale called Troll Bridge by Terry Pratchett. I didn't know what to expect when I first started to read the story but to my surprise it was humorous and amusing. I expected action and adventure or at least an evil troll but instead it was just a tale about how the things that were in the past are changing. The troll was the biggest shock as he was a family man with a poor relationship with his wife. The only really fantasy element was the taking horse and that the family were trolls. A interesting read that was unexpected.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment