Thursday, April 24, 2014

The "Aqua-cockblock" uncle

While reading the aquatic uncle, it felt a little weird to read a literary speculation about a fish and his family evolving and going through changes throughout the world. It was sure a different experience than to what I was used to reading but it was also expected as well. The story was about one stage in evolution left the sea and goes to land. The family wanted their old uncle to get out of the sea and live like civilians but he didn't want to escape his old ways. The story continues with a family member's fiancee taking an interest in the uncle and was fascinated with his life. While he was embarrassed about his uncles life, she embraced it like it was a new experience.

Why I titled this post the way I did was because the main character's fiancé who was interested in the uncles foreign life style, decided to live with the uncle and leave her fiancé for him. It's something I consider weird since it's someones uncle. I understand why she was fascinated by his life but to leave and stay with him rather than convince her fiancé to change his ways seems really scumbag to me. In which cans it goes to "cock blocking".

It felt a little weird to read about aquatic life being exhibited as a change in lifestyle. It's more about a story of evolution and it seems important for a distinction from how humanity lives but also a connection. Humanity considers itself superior to other life forms rather they be aliens or animals. It's just our desire to be the dominant species. I've seen society want to be dominant and not looked down on. It could even go back to race since for me being an african american I've felt and seen people that just don't want to be looked down on upon others and they want so show their evolution being shames. It wasn't wrong for the uncle to not want to change his lifestyle, but I've also felt that he could also understand the society is forever changing and the old ways will never be continued as a part of life (unless it's like a hipster fad).

It was an interesting read and I've found interesting depictions about literary speculation but as it effects my life along with everyone else we all might have speculations based on our own ego itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment